32mm Mdpe to 28mm copper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I was after a brass compression stop tap for the above, however they don't seem to exist, I read somewhere that stopcock reducers exist but cannot find one for a 32mm tap to 28mm copper does anyone know if they exist if not what about a 28mm to 1 1/4" female iron?

I cannot use plastic stoptap nor can it be push fit

Cheers

Martyy

Sponsored Links
Probably better to fit a 32mm x 28mm reducer, or 32mm coupling with reducing insert, then use a 28mm brass stopcock. Do you have enough room for that?

Why do they manufacture 32mm MDPE without matching brass stopcocks surely 32mm to 28mm internal is a standard setup?

Spec calls for mdpe in to tap and 28mm out cannot reduce prior to stop tap unfortunatly.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Go to a larger merchant such as BSS, Pippeline and they will have them on the shelf

Trouble is I dont think the exist, I have searched the tinternet even on Bss :rolleyes:

Philmac crutchhead gunmetal stopcock 32mm

code 2344 BSS code 72914025.

I think the codes for the 28mm copper adapter is 86004 BSS code 72913473.

BES have a 32mm stopcock with a copper adaptor set, part numbers 9940 and 9946. Not cheap though.

Sorry to revive an old topic - but about to replace my 32mm MDPE to 15mm stopcock (temp set up) to directly feed the 28mm internal pipework...any reason not to reduce 32mm mdpe to 28mm copper before the stopcock?

Also is there any reason not to then use a check valve and peglar full bore lever valve in place of the brass stop cock? - brass stop cocks have always leaked in every property I've owned yet full bore generally dont!

1. No, but why give yourself extra work by reducing before the stop-tap? Some utilities want the service MDPE to go in one length from stop tap to stop tap.

2. A speed-fit 32mm MDPE x 28mm Cu straight adaptor can be fed into a stop cock.

3. Plasson(?) do a £50 32x28 stop tap.

4. I dont know if you can substitute a check valve, and a full bore, for a stop tap - we've never done it, and i've never seen this arrangement on site.

5. Roughly speaking, the packing nut and spindle are the only place where a stop tap will leak. Nip it up.

Cheers guys. The mains I had was a 32mm MDPE >> Elbow to 32mm MDPE sticking up out the floor >> 25mm MDPE to 25mm/15mm brass stop tap >> 3" of 15 mm copper to push fit plastic. I'm sure the original fisrt joint on the elbow was leaking slightly but now replaced with 32mm MDPE to 28 copper insert 28mm brass stop tap to 28mm copper all the way to unvented cylinder...and now no leaks!

nice!

Well done for letting people know your outcome, your posts contrast pretty strongly with the ignorant original poster who got some great advice from do it all and others and couldn't even be bothered to say ta.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back