32mm mdpe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
Looking for advice. I'm having an extension built on our kitchen at present, in the new layout our existing 32mm mdpe incoming pipe and stopcock will be in the middle of the floor, not ideal lol.
I want to simply isolate at the meter outside then cut and join the mdpe and ruin a new 32mm pipe to the new sink location. The pipe run was going to be via the new floor slab in the extension. Should I run the pipe in the celotex insulation then just pop up through the screed at the sink?

Sponsored Links
Edit.
Teach me for being half asleep. Is not 32mm incoming lol
Standard mdpe

Do you mean 20mm blue or do you mean 25mm blue?

It is preferable not to have joints buried in a floor as it is so tiresome when they leak. One of the good things about plastic pipe is that you can lay such long runs with no joints.

25mm blue mdpe is the incoming.
I understand is not ideal having a joint in the floor but what's the option?

Sponsored Links
is it in a duct, and can you get at the other end?

Presumably the exist is in a duct, until I strip the kitchen I won't know.

Small update on this, I`ve removed the kitchen sink unit as my builder requires access to remove the external wall now the extension is water tight.

Yes the incoming 25mm blue is in a flexible duct which pressumable runs direct to the meter outside. I can see where it exists the floor and I`ve measured the new layout of the kitchen and realised it will actually be underneath the base unit in the island in the kitchen. Now I just want to leave the existing stopcock where it is and run a 22mm copper from the isolated side of the mdpe cock to the new sink location to a new more accesible stopcock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back