32mm Push fit, convert to solvent fit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a horizontal 110mm soil pipe with a strap boss fitted with a 32mm push fit adapter in the upper side of the soil pipe. This is to connect to a new wash hand basin above. It is necessary to come out of the adapter with two 135 degree bends due fitting constraints. I would prefer to use solvent fit in this area, as I will not be able to access it easily when the furniture is fitted. Other than compression couplers, are there any products allowing conversion to solvent fit from push fit? Screwfix list this: http://www.screwfix.com/prods/36865/Plumbing/Push-Fit-Waste/Conversion-Bend-32mm.
but do not say what it converts it to.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tristar

PS And why do different manufacturers' pipes vary so much in size? My Marley solvent fit pipe outside diameter is .65mm larger than the Screwfix socket!

Sponsored Links
PS And why do different manufacturers' pipes vary so much in size? My Marley solvent fit pipe outside diameter is .65mm larger than the Screwfix socket!

Because Mr Marley would much rather see you buy his stuff, he makes if hard work to change to another brand

You might notice there isn't a "push fit" strap on boss in that listing.

If you want a sob for solvent you can use solvent, or one with a rubber "O" ring where the pips slides. You might call it push fit, and so might I. But it's an "Expansion coupling", don't ya know. Joy. you might well find the sob you have DOES fit solvent ppe.
Measure carefully and check the mfrs specs.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info. Ironically Chris, I didn't use the Screwfix neoprene adapters for their boss, although no doubt they would adapt to push or solvent fit, as I wanted one that would solvent fit to the boss, and so got one from a shed, (PC), and my next step is to go round the sheds tomorrow checking all their solvent fit pipes OD's and hopefully get a smaller one than Marley's, which I have tried tentatively in the adapter, but it is too big and may damage/unseat the seal.

In any case no-one suggests an alternative conversion. As a last resort I can replace the 110mm soil pipe and take the basin waste into a 40mm pipe from the shower, and the answer to your next question is that it is somewhat more complicated, and the strap boss offered the neatest solution.

Thanks again guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back