32mm sink waste pipe: a journey through several joists.....

I like the sound of going down into the study and boxing it in - I'll look into it. The 32mm pipe fits in the hole where the old electrical piping was, however there is no grdient at all. The 32mm pipe is actually 2.1m long to until it meets a junction with the 40mm for the shower waste.

Do I risk it or do i not!!

D
The distance on mine was also very close but I ran 40mm from a reducer at the bottom of the basin riser all the way back to the stack. Personally I would run in 40mm, the cost difference is negligible & if you’re dropping through the ceiling, you should have plenty of room. Teeing into a bath or shower waste is not always a good idea; to avoid any possibility of high volumes of bath/shower water siphoning the basin trap, I would run a separate basin waste all the way back to the stack.

Sponsored Links
gp with 40 mm,and as stated above take it into the stack,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back