32mm waste - gradient of fall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does someone know the minimum fall you should have on a 32mm waste pipe for a washing machine. The run from the washer to the drain is about 5 metres.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
6mm for every 300mm

this is to make sure the water goes out by having a slight fall and the waste does not back up if it is too much of a fall

Thanks crash - this is the absolute minimum you can get way with? So for my 5 metres I am looking at 100mm fall.

Sponsored Links
Thanks crash - this is the absolute minimum you can get way with? So for my 5 metres I am looking at 100mm fall.

yep - the reason for this is to assist with water disposal - if the fall is too much you risk having material waste being left behind as the water flows away

hth

By the way it should be 38mm for a washing mashine ;)

Bahco - thanks - again though is 40mm a building reg or is it just common practice?

Tnarg

Cant quote the regs but if you ask for a washing machine stand pipe it'll be 38 mm (OR 40mm eh bacho :LOL: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back