4 2 2 for Mot's coming?

When I was in South Africa, you only needed their equivalent of a MOT (roadworthyness certificate) when you bought the car. It was up to the new owner to get it done. That was it until it next changed hands. That was a ridiculous system. I bought a 3 lite Capri and my manager took it to one of his mates to do. Plenty of things wrong with it such as a sand blown windscreen, faulty seat belts, washers etc but it still got a certificate. That was 1982 though so things may have changed now.

Sponsored Links
Will probably just be the emissions.
The proposal is for everything that CAN be reported. In particular, anything that would trigger a warning light - ABS, ESC, Lane Keep Assist, Advanced Emergency Braking, intelligent cruise control, etc. (As well as emissions, obviously)!

Personally, although I'm as tight as they come, I think £35 for a detailed annual check and report on the safety of my 15 year old car is a bargain. On my last one I hadn't noticed that the side repeater on the mirror had failed and the one of the tyres had some hard to spot (without a ramp) damage on the inner sidewall. Especially when I don't "service" the cars - I do fluids and filters etc but don't really check all the bits underneath as should be done on a proper service. Having said that, I'm struggling with the emissions on both my diesel cars since they tightened up the requirements for older cars and could really do without that.

Sponsored Links
Back