4 draw runner (2 pairs) on 1 draw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am building some built in draws into the area underneath my ground floor stairs. I originally planned to have two draws in one section but due to aesthetics I would now rather have 1 very large draw with a shelf. I have the extra pair of draw runners and despite having bought industrial strength runners I am still concerned that the weight of the draw may be too much for one pair of runners.

So long as everything is aligned correctly, is there anything wrong with two sets of runners?

For ease I was planning on installing the empty draw with 1 pair of runners, but leave the remaining set attached to the draw. I have good access to either side of the draw, so I could then mark-up and screw in the second set to the supports so that they are exactly in position.

Thoughts anyone? Have you tried anything similar?

Sponsored Links
never tried it
theres a fair chance you wont get it to work smoothly
with 2 runners a 2 or3mm deviation can be taken up by the box deflecting or twisting slightly
you would have to be 100% accurate on all 4 runners to avoid problems

Depends on the type of runners, many require the draw to be pitched at an angle when fitting so two pairs would prevent this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back