4 new rads in extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have installed 4 new rads in an extension at home with 22mm copper flow and returns with 4 port manifolds on each end. (speedfit and 10mm barrier pipe on new rads) the 22mm copper is not yet connected to the existing heating system.The current system i have is fully pumped y plan with combined open vent and cold feed with air sep. I presume i can connect the 22mm flow to the CH side of the y plan? The return though is where i need help. i know i cant connect to cylinder return as this needs to be the last connection before the boiler(reverse circulation i think if not) the return off the cylinder is 15 mm as far as i can see with limited view. could i connect the new flow and return side by side on the existing flow ? would that work or am i needing to get floors up near rads to find the return? any suggestions greatly recieved.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
if you connect both to the flow, you'll get nowt coming through as they will cancel each other out, you need to get the boards up and connect to the flow & return

Sponsored Links
Cheers Guys thought that was the case. i guess thats the bathroom floor coming up then as new flow and returns are currently under the bath!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back