4 part folding door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anybody know if i can get a 4 part folding door as a bi-fold won't fit.

what i have is an available opening space of 9 1/2 inches max (bath is in the way on one side and washing machine is hard against other side)

the doorway is 30"x 82" and the door needs to fold into the space between bath and door frame.

Sponsored Links
door frame size!! minus a few mm :LOL:

imagine a retangle with a solid wall along top
with doorway in top left hand side. sink in top right hand side.
bath runs from bottom right hand side to about 10" from left hand side along the bottom wall which also has the window

bath over laps the door opening by about 11" so a normal door won't open and can't open into kitchen either as worktop /washing machine overlap as well !!

the only way is to fold the door into the space of 10" x11" so as to allow access the original door was plastic concertina with strips of about 4" each x height of doorway

what i want to do is fold door so that you have ABCD so that face of A is against B reverse of B is against reverse of C and C & D faces are together effectively 2 bi fold doors together but only a door panel width of 8 1/2" when folded open

Sponsored Links
Masona - cant open in because bath is in way cant open out as worktop is in way!!

big all - solid wall, bath is only 4" away from wall and worktop on other side is hard against wall!

basically the only space is door frame width + 4" to bath (10" in total)
the door can only fold into this space as would be in the way if fitted opposite side of frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back