4" plastic pipe cutter/shamferer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is shamferer even a word? lol :oops:

Whats the tool called that cuts 4 inch and 6 inch plastic pipes in half and then grinds a nice lip on the cut edge so it fits neatly and snugly into an accessory?

Pics/links would be even better :cool:

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Chamfer is close.......
Can you not just cut the pipe and then use a rasp to achieve the chamfer?

IIRC, late last year in Professional Builder magazine, they reviewed a device for chamfering the pipes.

Some guy had recently invented this and it looked like a large core cutter or hole saw, and it fitted on a drill and did the chamfering and squaring off nicely. It did not cut the pipe though.

Sponsored Links
the groundworkers i had on site were using these to bevel the pipes. However they seemed to struggle to get the pipes joints in evene with grease so maybe the skilled plumber with a good file/rasp or my favourite the cordless grinder is still best ?

http://www.origimate.com/

Pipemate*

BEVELS PIPES QUICKLY, NEATLY & ACCURATELY

SPECIAL OFFER
Buy Pipemate and Gripmate now and get £10 off, PLUS an extra Pipemate Cutting Template free.
TOTAL SAVING: £15

Pipemate - the ultimate, professional pipetool.

Developed by builder David Higgs through sheer necessity, this hand held tool chamfers a perfect bevelled edge onto 4" plastic pipes - essential for watertight and secure joints.

Due to its robust, compact and non-corrosive design, the Pipemate can be used safely in all conditions, even submerged and when pipes are already in situ. This unique tool has an eight sided carbide blade, torsion control for fine settings and an adjustable internal diameter.

Until now, builders have had to resort to a file, a house brick or any other abrasive object to bevel pipe ends. With Pipemate, not only is the bevelling of pipes made quick and safe, it also ensures that the bevelling is right first time with a perfect seal and no leaks!

we use a 9" angle grinder with a carborundum disc.

if it is a short length of pipe, i will turn the grinder with the blade up, step on the trigger and the grinder handle and rub the pipe onto the spinning blade.

if it's a long length i hover the grinder over the pipe while me mate rotates it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back