4 Types of Different Matt Emulsion - Help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We will be using Wallrock lining paper on our living room wall and then it will be repainted. However, I want to use Dulux Magnolia Matt Emulsion on it. I notice that there are four different kinds, such as 1) Wipe Clean; 2) Trade Vinyl; 3)Trade Super Matt; Endurance Matt Emulsion.

I just do not know the difference between all these different types of matt emulsion. Besides the cost difference, which would be better to use? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Basically

Supermatt - Low vinyl content, marks easily, not wipeable but cheapest

Wipe clean - Sounds like a retail label for diamond as does endurance

A trade vinyl matt is probably what you want

If you want a hardier washable emulsion go for diamond matt, but its not a true matt finish

Personally i don't use much dulux now its too expensive for an increasingly inferior product, if i was you i'd go with johnstones covaplus

Thank you for your reply.

I want something I can wipe down and is hardwearing. Fingerprints and grease is a bit of a problem.

Your answer was of great assistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back