40mm Crusher Run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im building a patio at the moment, hired a mini digger this weekend and landscaped the garden to how we want ( and had a whole lot of fun too!) As its a new build found a lot of waste materials as well!

Im lookin to order some 40mm Crusher run this week and will be compacting it with a compactor plate. Will it be ok to leave it like this for a few weeks until I start to lay the stone paving?

Reason being its going to take all weekend to move 10 tonne of CR up the drive to the areas I need it in the garden and compact it down. Just wondered if heavy rain etc will effect it in any way?

Thanks in advance

Gareth

Sponsored Links
40mm crusher run will be horrible to work with trying to get a good flat sub-base. Its more commonly used for larger fill and sub-grades on roads or building sites.

MOT Type 1 is much more suited to your needs and will compact a lot better. 40mm crusher run needs a very heavy diesel plate or roller to get it well flattened.

Oh and it will be fine if left. Just make sure to compact it before you leave it. If it gets very wet once compacted its fine but if it got soaked when just in a pile it doesn't plate well as the plate brings the water up to the surface and just sinks into it.

Sponsored Links
We use 40mm crush from our local quarry and its nice stuff you do need a bigger whacker but once its layed its done with if you know what i mean.
we also use tar planning and qury dust now thats nice and easy to spread out.
Are you using a dumper to run the gear 10 tones with a barrow is a death wish.
use the digger to load the dumper run 1/3 of it then track round and spread it and track it over if its a digger and not a dinky toy
whack it in layers as you go 40mm crush gos down better in two passes then trying to do it in one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back