43mm waste pipe fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Pretty sure this is a quick answer. Looking to sort this waste pipe so that it drains into the drain. Water currently goes all over as the flow is quite fast coming out. Tried changing the drain cover around but same issue. The pipe fittings at the bottom are welded so I cant adjust.

I had some spare fittings from old property, but they are 40mm floplast push fit ones. Can anyone advise where or which fittings I would need to use on this?
Thanks

IMG_20200322_101140.jpg
IMG_20200322_101149.jpg
IMG_20200322_101140.jpg IMG_20200322_101149.jpg

Sponsored Links
40mm solvent weld fittings, but you'll need to cut back, (cant work out if it been painted or not, if it has then you'll need clean the paint off first before trying to glue anything.) Alternatively 40mm compression waste, but it wont look tidy. Push fit wont fit solvent weld and vice versa unfortunately.

40mm solvent weld fittings, but you'll need to cut back, (cant work out if it been painted or not, if it has then you'll need clean the paint off first before trying to glue anything.) Alternatively 40mm compression waste, but it wont look tidy. Push fit wont fit solvent weld and vice versa unfortunately.
Thanks for the reply. Yes it has been painted. I was going to cut it just above the first 90 degree fitting.

Cant you just lift up the gulley grating and turn it around and then cut a slight crescent in the solid plastic to take the edge of the 45deg bend ?

Idiots whoever installed it, a small hole in that grate and the 45deg could have been pointed straight down into the gulley.

Sponsored Links
Thinking about it, you could probably get away with gluing a 45 conversion bend into the end of that 45, (will need to clean it out before gluing new bend in), point it downwards into the gulley and cut the grating to suit.
WS76-WS77_White.jpg

Cant you just lift up the gulley grating and turn it around and then cut a slight crescent in the solid plastic to take the edge of the 45deg bend ?

Idiots whoever installed it, a small hole in that grate and the 45deg could have been pointed straight down into the gulley.
Good idea that, prob give that a go first. Agree, half a job of whoever installed it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back