45a isolator switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need to replace a 45a isolator switch for an electric shower (face plate is cracked)

I need it to have supply/feed terminals at bottom and load terminals at top. All the ones I'm seeing are the other way round though. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Fit the switch upside down if you can't find one with the terminals as you want !

It’s standard to have the load terminals at the top of the isolator. Can you see a manufacturers name on the old isolator?

It doesn’t actually really matter if you connect the supply and load cables the wrong way round as long as your isolator does NOT have a neon indicator. Just make sure you keep the live and neutral wires in the correctly marked terminals.

Crabtree ones have the supply at the bottom and the load at the top.

Are the wires too short then??

Sponsored Links
Crabtree ones have the supply at the bottom and the load at the top.

Are the wires too short then??

Thanks, I'll look at Crabtree

Yes, cable to the shower is not long enough to reach terminals if they are at the bottom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back