45A Pull Cord Switch is no longer working (Everything look fine, replaced new breaker checked)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Mine shower 45A Pull Cord Switch is no longer working. I am unable to pull it anymore. It usually happens once every 2 or 3 years. I need to replace the 45A Pull Cord Switch. It will work again.

I tried to do the same this time. Replace with new 45A Pull Cord Switch. But, still not working. I thought probably that the new switch was faulty. So, I get a new 50A Pull Cord Switch. It is not working as well.

Note: I take a few photos before I replace the switch. The Live In, Out and Neutral In, Out are fitted correct.

I checked the breaker. It is in good working order (I swap that with my cooker breaker and the cooker is working).

Any idea what other things can cause the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_20230529_201139992.jpg
    IMG_20230529_201139992.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20230529_201046795.jpg
    IMG_20230529_201046795.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
Are you sure that shower itself is still working?

Neon Power Indicator for all the new switch didn't have any light on. If the shower is not working, the neon power indicator should on, correct?

Sponsored Links
Could there be a stand-alone RCD isolator switch somewhere that has tripped?

Any big switches near the consumer unit or tucked away in a cupboard?
Thanks. I remember now. I have another RCD isolator switch on the loft for the shower switch. It tripped. I just turn it back on again. Everything is working now.

Neon Power Indicator for all the new switch didn't have any light on. If the shower is not working, the neon power indicator should on, correct?
Usually with DP switches I find that, if the power is ON the neon will illuminate even if there is no load connected.

Usually with DP switches I find that, if the power is ON the neon will illuminate even if there is no load connected.
Thanks. I have another RCD isolator switch on the loft for the shower switch. It tripped. I just turn it back on again. Everything is working now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back