Bathroom Pull Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure where to post the following, however here goes.

My bathroom pull switch was working fine, saw a ceramic switch, in Asda, and decided to fit it.

The old switch came apart and I rethread the new cord into the old fitting, except for a plastic breaker which was on the original cord.

Have put everything back to together however the switch, with the new cord and ceramic pull will not bring on the light.

Any ideas most welcome please

Regards

Aortic Hunter
[/img]

Sponsored Links
You have either broken the switch, or caused a wire to come loose.

Did you actually take the switch apart? If you mean what I think you mean by "plastic breaker", that's where you're supposed to attach a new cord, not inside the switch.

Does the switch feel and sound as if it's working like it did before? If not you have probably broken it, and the easiest and quickest way to sort that is to buy a new switch.

If it feels and sounds as if it is working OK, then check the terminals for loose or broken connections.

And the bulb.

Thanks for the prompt response. I shall refit the new cord this time using the plastic breaker and will keep you posted of my outcome.

Once again thanks for the steer

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you replaced the cord and "dongle"

Some of those ceramic things are too heavy for the switch and need to be lifted up so that the switch will operate correctly... I hate them!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back