Replace & relocate existing pull cord switch in bathroom

Here is the wiring in the fan switch as requested.

fanwires.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not seeing the wiring he has done i assume he has taken a feed etc for the fan from the existing light pull socket on the ceiling or from the light unit itself
More likely the latter, as there's a neutral at the switch.

How many cables are there at the light switch?

1) He might not be bothered about the neon.

2) Could just have a single-pole switch.

Sponsored Links
OP said he had to have two switches so that the fan can be turned on in the daytime.

It is possible to have one switch and turn on the light in the daytime.

Getting technical now.
I think I will look at grid option and have one switch with neon.
I will check wiring for light pull later.

Thanks.

OP said he had to have two switches so that the fan can be turned on in the daytime.

It is possible to have one switch and turn on the light in the daytime.
But that would also mean the fan coming on whenever the light is on, which is unnecessary. And what the OP has explicitly said he doesn't want.

What is it about fans that causes so many people to want to find a way to make them come on along with something else? Why is there such a widespread belief that the owners of fans are incapable of controlling their operation directly?

Ok. That's a different reason.

As for your question; there are lots things that are done because that's what is done so that's what is done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back