460 g rsyburn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D hi can any one give me advice or any tips please.
i've just brought of the lovley ebay a gas 460 rayburn,i've an old heating system which i need to replace all 10 rads are faily new to the system.it used to be plumbed to a solid fuel old style rayburn. can any one give me an idear of how to plumb the system ?.
big job .i know but do not have very much money so im having to under take the job..............PLEASE help if you can.
colin

Sponsored Links
Having had to work on quite a few Rayburns I came to the conclusion that they were absolute sh*te. Almost as bad as AGAs which really should have stayed in the ironage, to quote their adverts.

In the end I stopped taking them on because they were such a PITA. (and they also ruined my back lifting the hotplates) Sorry.

Did they tell you why they were selling it.........?

Sponsored Links
I did the same a good few years ago. Swapped a solid fuel Rayburn for a 480g. Old system was gravity for HW with a big storage tank, pumped for the CH. Had to go fully pumped basically by adding a three port valve. Also fitted a smaller quick recovery HW tank, but kept system open vented. Still have the manual somewhere. Still have the Rayburn too, but it's just kitchen ornament now as I jilted it for a combi.

Might try and sell it on ebay...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back