47mm deck joist hangers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

im in the process of building a deck and ordered what I thought to be 150mm x 50mm decking joists from buildbase that turned out to be 150 x 47mm joists. Not a problem as such, but the joist hangers I purchased were 50mm hangers and are a little bit big. These can be returned to Screwfix, but im now looking for 47mm face mounted (not the jiffy ones) galvanised joist hangers with a depth between 100 to 150mm.

Really struggling to find anything like this (apart from the jiffy ones that I dont want). Does anyone know where I could get any?

Thanks

Graham

Sponsored Links
If I understand you correctly you already have face fitting hangers it's just that there 3mm to wide. When fitting the slightly narrower joists the hangers will simply bend to fit when you hammer in the side nails. if your worried about this put packers in, old fashioned felt dpc comes to mind. The important dimension is not the width (joist widths are seldom the same due to twist or shrinkage) the important dimension is the depth, which on face mounted hangers you set on a chalk line...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back