49mm OD Waste Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am sure I am not the only one who has come across this issue so was hoping the helpful chaps on here could help.

We are installing a shower and the shower waste fitment has a 49.1mm OD (tapered up to about 49.6mm) connection. This doesn't seem to fit any pipes I can find. Could I use a 50mm compression to achieve this, although both the push fit and solvent weld are bigger OD so worried about the connection integrity. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Reece

Sponsored Links
Hi, the ID is 44mm and here are a few pics.

Might just go and but a normal round one if this proves to be complex.

IMG_20210102_104804.jpg
IMG_20210102_104819.jpg
IMG_20210102_104804.jpg

Anything printed in the instructions on what to use/how to connect? Sometimes state a reducer is needed etc.

Sponsored Links
See if you can use this chart, it gives most of the sizes you'll come across in the UK.

http://www.hendersons.co.uk/pipework2/page2.html

The trouble may be that you have an imperial/European size not really destined from the uk market and you may just have to adapt with solvent weld, cement and a sleeve made out of 50mm pipe cut lengthways.

Where did you get it from?

See if you can use this chart, it gives most of the sizes you'll come across in the UK.

http://www.hendersons.co.uk/pipework2/page2.html

The trouble may be that you have an imperial/European size not really destined from the uk market and you may just have to adapt with solvent weld, cement and a sleeve made out of 50mm pipe cut lengthways.

Where did you get it from?

Thanks, yeah that is the exact chart I was using. It was just from VidaXL.com so nothing special. The sleeve is a good idea.

VidaXl.com is a US site I believe? If so then that's the issue, you will be dealing with an imperial sized pipe, all US pipe sizes are imperial.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back