4mm to 2.5mm on radial

It could be that there is a 4 milli feed leaving the CU, then it splits into a 2.5 ring final.
Yep, and I would say that would be, at least in spirit, a 'compliant lollipop circuit'. However, given that we are uncertain about any of the cable sizes, and don't know whether there really are any 'rings' of any sort, none of this can be anything other than speculative guesswork. It might not even be the easiest thing in the world for the electrician to work out exactly what is going on when he/she is on-site. I'm afraid that we need to be patient!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
With the power off, you need to remove a socket which has two cables, and test for continuity between L and L, N and N, E and E.

Then re-fit the socket, and repeat the procedure on a few more random sockets.

If you have continuity, this would suggest a 2.5mm2 ring supplied by a 4mm2 cable, which would be fine.

Obviously this test would only give guidance as to what you have, it may not tell you everything.

Thanks, I will try testing at weekend, the electrician is busy until new year so would be good to find out more if i can in meantime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back