cooker point to radial circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can a cooker supply with 4mm cable supplied from fuse box be converted to a radial circuit if the cooker switch is made redundant and the cable extended with 2.5mm cable to supply two or three sockets?. Will the fuse at the fuse box need to be changed?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
extend it with 4mm or use an FCU, really you dont want to change cable size in a circuit

what breaker does it have now ?

I want to remove the cooker point and replace it with a fused switch to connect a cooker hood which would be the first socket on the line. I want to extend the cable to supply a washing machine .refrigerator and an oven light in my gas cooker. The existing cooker supply switch also has a thirteen amp. socket which presently is used for supplying a microwave. The circuit is protected with a 30A wire fuse.
I don't really want to carry out major alterations requiring damage to a tiled wall surface.
Help!!

Sponsored Links
you need to know the power ratings of each appliance (how many watts) will be used, then see if the cable and fuse will take it .... really i think if you still have rewirable fuses you need to get the changed since they dont act fast enough in a fault

therefore, best if you get an electrician in to advise you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back