Cooker circuit - socket

You guys might help. An FCU has a cartridge fuse. Is a form of FCU available that has a micro circuit braker in it, so it can be instantly be reset rather than replace a fuse? I have seen some with RCDs in them, single socket sized, freely available.

Sponsored Links
Why do you think that a fuse protecting a device might blow so often that an "instantly resettable" device might be necessary??

Sponsored Links
Taylortwocities, a radial off a ring. The micro breaker protects the 2.5mm cable. The radial will have many sockets for low current appliances like computers, chargers, printers, etc. If someone plugs in say a 3kW kettle by mistake and the cable limit is exceeded the breaker trips. The user will know why and reset and not need to find a fuse and know why as the breaker can be seen to have tripped.

Why not design and install the electrical installation properly so it takes into account the loads expected to be used?

Echo the husky, you never got it. An analogy. A ring with a 32A breaker that has 10 sockets outlets off it. Quite normal isn't it? If someone plugs in 10 3kw heaters the breaker will trip. The circuit is not expected to have 10 3Kw heaters, yet it is totally capable of having 10 plugged in. A radial for computers is not expected to have a 3kW kettle, but in case.....

A micro breaker can be fitted but in one of the small CU boxes which are still rather biggish.

The real colour. In fact I have seen a small CU with a breaker feeding a line of computer sockets, etc, in commercial installations. Any problems and only one side of the room will cut out. A divide and rule approach.

The real colour. In fact I have seen a small CU with a breaker feeding a line computer sockets, etc, in commercial installations. Any problems and only one side of the room will cut out.
I have seen installations with upwards of 10 DBs in a space not much bigger than an average house. What's your point?

It's called discrimination. However, there is clearly a reason the device you seek is not made. I have no doubt manufactures have the technical ability to do it. After all, the majority of an MCB is just plastic moulding.

Echo the husky, you never got it. An analogy. A ring with a 32A breaker that has 10 sockets outlets off it. Quite normal isn't it? If someone plugs in 10 3kw heaters the breaker will trip. The circuit is not expected to have 10 3Kw heaters, yet it is totally capable of having 10 plugged in. A radial for computers is not expected to have a 3kW kettle, but in case.....
In case what?

What point are you trying to make?

A micro breaker can be fitted but in one of the small CU boxes which are still rather biggish.
Where and why? What cable would the breaker be protecting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back