5,000,000 candle torches

2scoops0406

Does anyone else have one of the super duper mega bright torches, you can get them from a DIY store that whose name rhymes with foam face. If so, after charging the battery, how much usage do you get before the battery is flat, I reckon I only get 20 mins max even after charging overnight.

I have no problem with you mentioning the brand name

Sponsored Links
got a screwfix one it actualy says 20 hrs charge and i get 20 to 30mins run time but i dont use constant but 30 second to 4 min bursts

i remember 25 mins as the quoted running time so about right

Hmm, that's not really suitable for what I wanted it for, looks like I'll have to buy another :D

I was quite annoyed to find mine does that, I tried to find a lower-power bulb that would last longer and not blind me (I was using it as a working lamp, not a searchlight :LOL:

Didn't manage to find one, but it must be possible. Might have to solder a new bulb onto the old base.

Sponsored Links
I bought a Clarke 28W large reflector torch from Machinemart. It takes 16 hours to charge, but lasts 5 hours.

All the spotlights that use a car bulb (H3/H4) tend to run for about 20 minutes.

You could swap the battery for one with higher amp/hours for greater run time.

This type of light is not really for prolonged use, more intermittant use over longer/wider distances. It you want a work light then get one with flourescent tubes or bulb. These will run for hours

why so bright?

why not get a head light?

no i dont mean the ones cars have, the one that goes on your head, i got another one on saturday from b & q

dont get a 1w one from maplin, it eats batteries

I got one from Costco that is pretty good.

Its got a dual bulb system, one that you use for blinding/tanning or "spotting" the second lower power gives a very large wide flood beam great for searching or walking across fields/sites/etc.

Also has fluorescent work light on back that gives a fairly good small splash of light.

Run time's are about 25mins of blinding, 2 hrs of searching and 12 hrs of worklight.

Here it is. Its drawback is the lens is thin glass, it could do with a polycarbonate protector sheet or similar. It doesent like being dropped out of my van. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back