5 Bed/3 bathroom renovation with UFH - Heating system Recommendation and sizing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are about to go into first fix for the heating and plumbing for our renovation of home. Quick overview of house (plans attached) and occupants:

New single storey extension: 70 Sqm = Under Floor Heating from Nuheat

Existing house: 5 bedrooms and 3 bathroom (2 shower ensuite and 1 family bathroom with bath/shower). Radiators and no UFH.

Occupants: 4 Adults and 2 kids

Hot water usage: 4/5 showers daily on average, washing machine and dishwasher cold feed.

Questions:

1. What type of heating system (vented/unvented/combi?) and sizing that would work best for the size of house and number of occupants.

2. Recommendation of products that I should consider also would be welcome.

3. The downstairs bedroom ensuite is near 17m away from the planned heating system location so a long run. A '2nd return' was mentioned by a plumber when he came out as part of the initial contractor quote. Is this required?

Thanks in advance.

AJ

Attachments

• 003 M.pdf
    319.5 KB · Views: 330
Sponsored Links
You're not looking for much! Are you doing it all yourself?

Lol....no certainly not doing it myself. Have Nuheat and approved installer doing the UFH. However, for rest of the house the builder recommended two plumbers for us to meet so would be great to have a better background by asking the experts on this forum beforehand.

AJ

System Boiler, Unvented Cylinder 300ltr, Sec Return. Good control package.Not Combi Not Combi Not Combi Not Combi Not Combi Not Combi.
I don't have tourettes, just making sure you get the message.(y)

By the way, your installer should work out the heatloss and size boiler accordingly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mike,

When you say 'control package' do you mean like thermostats etc? if so what should I be considering?

Also any suggested output, makes and model???

Message understood loud and clear....No Combi!

Regards,

Ajay

My personal preference would be a combi.... With an unvented cylinder.

Intergas Eco RF (kw to be determined). 210 litre cylinder on hot water priority. Use the combi part of the boiler to heat the utility and kitchen taps or even a local shower (not looked at the attached plans).

Make sure the plumbers are going to be handling the maintenance of the system once the builders hand over.... That way you avoid the usual shyte builder plumber/mate from down the pub.

Last edited:
My personal preference would be a combi.... With an unvented cylinder.

Intergas Eco RF (kw to be determined). 219 litre cylinder on hot water priority. Use the combi part of the boiler to heat the utility and kitchen taps or even a local shower (not looked at the attached plans).

Make sure the plumbers are going to be handling the maintenance of the system once the builders hand over.... That way you avoid the usual shyte builder plumber/mate from down the pub.
What I did although with an ideal Vogue 40kw. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back