5 lever mortice deadlock, or euro cylinder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved, and one of the first things I did was change the locks, fitting our front door and patio door locks with Avocet ABS Euro Cylinders, both keyed alike.

The back door is a wooden item, and has a Yale 5 lever mortice sashlock, and am looking at changing that too. I am torn between replacing it with another lock of the same kind, or changing the sashlock to one that will accept an ABS cylinder, something like this:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/union-euro-profile-mortice-lock-stainless-steel-2-64mm-backset/7950d

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Yes, title should read sashlock, not deadlock :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
you could get them keyed alike.....

That would be the plan, to replace sashlock with the item above and fit a keyed-alike ABS cylinder, as I have done with front door and patio door. I'm really just asking if this will be as secure or better than an ordinary 5 lever sash?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back