5 rads and a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im getting gas heating installed i live in 2nd floor 2 bedroom flat im getting 5 radiators and a combi boiler all the pipes will be running along the skirting going up in to the loft and coming down to the boiler in the kitchen. The thing is i got qouted £3700 IS THIS A FAIR PRICE it just seems a bit much it breaks down to £2700 just for labour which for me seems an awful lot. Im self employed floor layer and it wood take me at least two weeks to earn that[/i] PLEASE HELP

Sponsored Links
A boiler and 5 rad's don't cost £1000! The other money isn't just labour fella, there is pipe, valves, flushing, fittings, clips etc. I would ask the RGI what make of boiler he is fitting, it varies from a reliant robin to a rolls royce you know what I mean. Ask for more than one quote and go on the corgi website input your post code and see how many RGI's you get and make a few phone calls ;)

Sponsored Links
Im a self employed floor layer and it wood take me at least two weeks to earn that[/i]

PLEASE HELP

I never realised that a floor layer earned £1300 per week!

Far more than any plumber ( well, apart from those in Norwich ).

Tony

Im a self employed floor layer and it wood take me at least two weeks to earn that[/i]

PLEASE HELP

I never realised that a floor layer earned £1300 per week!

Far more than any plumber ( well, apart from those in Norwich ).

Tony

Well I dont try 350 and im self employed working for a company I probably could if i was working direct to a costumer (well on a good hard week)

Have you been given a grant? Warmfront do alot of grant work, get more quotes fella... Like we said before ;)

Have you been given a grant? Warmfront do alot of grant work, get more quotes fella... Like we said before ;)

yes ive been given a grant i suppose i cant complain a £1000 for a heating system. £2700 for 2 a day and a halfs work im think of a career change

What you have to realise is that £1400 is not bad for a full system. You'd be lucky to get a boiler change for that!!

Call some local guys and ask them to quote for what you are having of warmfront and see the difference!

All of the charges will be inflated due to the fact that the government is paying for it and not a customer.

If you are employed then i would politely like to ask why this work is being subsidised in the first place?

If you are lucky enough to be in a position to have this partially subsidised for you then don't moan about what it is costing you!

Some people have to work to even afford a basic system without the help of handouts!!!

And yes you have hit a nerve and i'm not your mate!

You're absolutely right will, they're taking the **** big style. They're must be some mechanism for complaint to eaga when these greedy bstrds do this. I don't know what way you would go about it but I wish you luck.

Hang on a second!! The OP is not paying £3700, he is getting a full system fitted for £1400!!!!!!!!!!!

And i doubt that he should be gettting that!

We are paying towards this cost and yes it is overpriced for the job but very cheap for the end user.

The OP has not been presented with an invoice for £3700. If he had then i could understand that.

If anyone on here thinks that £1400 is expensive for a full install then please feel free to email me and quote for some of my jobs and i'd be happy to sub them out to you!!

Boiler, pipework, TRV's, Sundries, Controls and Labour £1400!? = bargain!!

Admittedly its going to be an Ideal but beggars cant be choosers!

I just cant believe that someone is going to complain about a job that they are getting a dispensation for!

Next they'll be asking for the gas bill to be paid for them cos its costing them to run a system that they didn't have in the first place FFS!!!!!!!!!!

What you have to realise is that £1400 is not bad for a full system. You'd be lucky to get a boiler change for that!!

Call some local guys and ask them to quote for what you are having of warmfront and see the difference!

All of the charges will be inflated due to the fact that the government is paying for it and not a customer.

If you are employed then i would politely like to ask why this work is being subsidised in the first place?

If you are lucky enough to be in a position to have this partially subsidised for you then don't moan about what it is costing you!

Some people have to work to even afford a basic system without the help of handouts!!!

And yes you have hit a nerve and i'm not your mate!

you are a prick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back