5 rads and a boiler

Have simply asked for more information and gave you sensible advice as to the cost of a system in the real world.

Like i asked before would you mind telling us why you are receiving a subsidy if you are in employment?

Do you live alone? Thats the only other way i can see a grant being applicable.

If you were expecting a sympathetic ear as to your HIGHLY EXPENSIVE £1400 system then you are looking in the wrong place,

especially after we have all just watched the unfortunate people on BBC1 that have nothing to survive on.

Where is your charitable spirit?

Oh and yes you have got one thing absolutely spot on... I am a total pr**k but a pr**k that is paying the majority of your heating system bill!!

Love you 2 xx

Sponsored Links
You are the sponger mate!! All spongers like you complain about cost and yet you are only paying a fraction of it!

I bet you drive to work in a car you got of the government with a disability badge in the front. I will look out for you on tv (fraudsters) :LOL:

well ive got 2 children under 3 i work about 40 hours a week average my partner doesn,t cause of the kids i have a morgage and no central heating system.

I can see your point how im coming across ungrateful and i agree at £1400
Im getting a good deal

The only reason i came on here because basically personally being a tradesman myself 2700 is alot of money for an easy 2 days work But i quess You have no scrupples about ripping people off

So you are now agreeing that £1400 is cheap to have a system installed!!

So what exactly was your original post about??? Surely all you have achieved here is validating that you are getting a bargain system while p*ssing the rest of us off!

£2700 is cheap when its not coming out of your pocket and you do realise that a company of this size has massive overheads AND has to sub contract this out to a firm in the Isle of Wight which will also increase costs.

Want a cheaper price? Move!!!

Oh and when did i once say that i am happy with ripping people off. Check all the posts and most people have told you to get a second or third quote as did I until you then gave us the information that you were having it subsidised.

That blows the whole thing comletley and if your baulking at £1400 then i very much doubt that you would be able to afford a system installed by professionals!!!!!!!

Just for your info if you would have asked i would say that the system you've been quoted for would work out to about £2300/£2500 normally. Thats nearly 1k more than you're getting it for! Stop your bloody whinging!

BTW £1049 for materials for a system is bloody cheap too!!

In all honesty now i think you deserve the system.

Good luck with your ideal, and the repair bills that come with it xx

Sponsored Links
Hang on a second!! The OP is not paying £3700, he is getting a full system fitted for £1400!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think it's ok for these rip off merchants to be paid by the taxpayer for poor quality installations, and then have the cheek to top it up with extra payment from the customer? In the meantime the same people are putting the smaller installers who can't get on the gravy train out of work. It's about time this well meant scheme was radically overhauled, to give customers a better deal, and to make it a level playing field for all installers to have a go. You're 'beggars can't be choosers, be thankful for what you get' attitude is bollix, and is just the attitude that allows these rip off merchants to get away with it.

The WHOLE grant scheme is ran with despicable contempt for the people who deserve it can't get it and those that do get a grant, have lied to reduce their income and circumstances to get something that they have no right to receive :evil:

EAGA has had so many complaints in the last few years about shoddy workmanship and "extra," charges put on the clients that I am surprised it hasn't been scrapped! I know a guy who works for EAGA and there is some very dubious practises taking place :evil:

Getting back to the OP, I would assume laying floors isn't life threatening only to yourself, and that you don't pay annual charges, and every 5 years you don't fork out £2000 - £3000 to get retrained, and you don't have to buy average £7-10,000 worth of tools and have £2m Public liability insurance to pay for. You must obviously have a vauxhall estate car to go to work in ;)

The technical and professional competance is alot higher in our trade :cool: The costs aren't just to line our pockets, BUT, to do a proper job that have to comply with BL + Gas REgs fella... Go to your local college and see how much it costs to train in our game and see if it "Cheap," I friggin doubt it ;)

Enjoy your almost free heating system that I am contributing too :evil:

The guy who is pay his way working paying tax etc etc and is taking advantage of something he is entitled to. Is that sponging ,not in my eyes its not ,would you class taking family allowance as sponging

Its simple the price from warmfront as we all know are not realistic and if they can get more out the customer they will, by doing what jonjb is trying to do here and making them feel guilty for getting something for nothing to which they are entitled to.
I am getting cavity wall insulation for £130 but hey it should be £500 guess i better pay the extra seeing as im a sponging bassa

Godknows , where do yo do your ACS then to be paying say 2 grand and i will allow the extra grand for a weeks wages.
10 grand on tools can i have a breakdown on that

installation costs £2701.21
material costs £1049.38
The maximum Warmfront grant is £2700. What a coincidence! Is Mr Kershaw on a fiddle?

The only plumber/heating engineer on the Isle of Wight called Kershaw, listed in the telephone directory, is in Freshwater. The strange thing is there is no person with that name or at the same address listed on the Corgi Website.

Get a second quote, so you can at least compare and go back to Warmfront and ask them to justify their price. Also ask to see "Mr Kershaw's" Corgi card and anyone else you ask to quote.

I did my ACS for £1800 + VAT ! Like I wanted to pay that :evil: FGA £1000 plus IR Printer (£250 for new cells this year!). Core Drill and vacuum with drill bits £1800, MAkita cordless drill £300 and Kamco flushing machine £875 the list goes on and on..... Oh hilti drill bits and drill friggin alot... :evil: If you want to do a good job buy the best tools.... Didn't even include my tool box contents and all the other tools in the van, replace my suspension every 2 yrs :p

Some guys don't buy B+Q carp or screwfix carp!!!!!!

Where the fek charged you 1800 for ACS how many modules did you do.
The standard core plus 4 modules is avialable for 450 from BG amongst others and even the most expensive places are under a grand.
1800 quid for a hoover and a drill what are they gold plated with diamonds ;)

Back to the OP.

I would be charging £1500 + VAT for labour, plus materials, so I would expect to quote around £2900-£3000 + VAT in total.

Theres are lot more to installing ch than just a boiler and 5 rads :rolleyes:

Hilti core drill and vacuum system with hilti core drills my friend. Used one when I worked for local council... Yes a smidge expensive :confused: The ACS involved a week's refresher training and core plus 4 + CPA! Shall shop around in 5 yrs I guess :rolleyes:

Yeah i have a hilti aswell but they are not 1800 quid far from it not even half that price. Pretend to public but dont pretend to the trade
And remind me again what FGA anylyser is it you have.. quick do a search on the net for the most expensive one to back you up.

As for ACS why did you have to do a weeks training the resit is embarassingly easy 49 questions plus the book with the pictures hardest thing was the 5 minute 35mm purge volume calc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back