5 Showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'ve bought a house we intend to renovate and rent out as a holiday home. Currently there are two electric showers. I wanted to add a futher three showers. I\\\'m concerned about the amount of power required to run five showers. Typically 40A per shower, is 200A in total if they are all turned on at the same time.

All the consumer units I can find are rated to 100A. Any suggestions as to how I can go about solving this? Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.

Sponsored Links
you will have to get in touch with your electricity supplier and have 3 phase put in. they will love you.

I do know some one that needed 3 phase and believe it or not the supplier did it for free, on the account of how much electricty they were going to use

It might also be worth investigating a plumbed in system. 3-phase is a whole new ball game and would mean lots of changes; not recommended for the DIYer. Investigate both and then see what you think.

Sponsored Links
spark said:
It might also be worth investigating a plumbed in system. 3-phase is a whole new ball game and would mean lots of changes; not recommended for the DIYer. Investigate both and then see what you think.
combi systems are ideal because they provide hotwater at mains pressure; no pump, no instantainious shower required= no 3 phase ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back