5 things to do before u die

Shytalks, sorry to hear of you're problems with your daughter and grandson, hope things somehow work out. From your perspective, what do you think of legalising prohibited drugs, and making them cheaply available?

Sponsored Links
Good question, to which I do not have the slightest clue as to how to answer. Legal, or illegal, this sh*t still devastates the lives of the user and their families.

I veer towards keeping them illegal and any users are forced into residential rehab, instead of being treated with kid gloves. Like in Spain.

Take her back packing in OZ. You, her and the bike. Lay under the Southern Cross at 2 am watching the endless meteor showers and skull a few tinnies whilst talking about life. I would if it were my daughter.

That's a nice idea. Do that though, and I'm without the chosen woman in my life, whose patience with all of this has long since evaporated, unsurprisingly.

Rocks and hard places spring to mind.

Ever read "Smoke Jumper" by Nicholas Evans (he of "The Horse Whisperer")?

The very troubled kid called Skye in that - killed in a forest fire whilst on boot camp - forever reminds me of my daughter; it's her I see in my mind's eye whenever I re-read that book. I'm re-reading it atm, which does nothing really, for my state of mind :confused:

Sponsored Links
The woman in your life should realise that you are programmed to protect your genetic line, your immortality. If something bad happens then you'll spend the rest of your life saying "I should have tried harder". So try harder now, put your relationship to one side. If it was ever worth anything it'll still be there later but your daughter may not be. You're in a tough spot but the dad and daughter bond is strong.

And yes I do have a daughter and today is her first day at Lincoln Uni studying Psychology/Clinical Psychology. She hopes to work with people like your daughter one day.

You know Joe, sometimes you make a statement that is extremely profound. And 100% correct.

This is one of them.

Go to art college and have the proper college experience. ;p

Learn to play guitar.

Create a piece of art that i am proud of, for life.

Participate in the making of an indie film.

Love.

You know Joe, sometimes you make a statement that is extremely profound. And 100% correct.

This is one of them.
Ahhh, Joe is a big softy at heart I reckon. :D Seriously though I think Joe makes a very good point. I would add however that in my experience you have to be 'in' the situation to know and feel what is right for 'you' to do. I take nothing away from Joe's comments however and looking at something from a less 'involved' perspective can and is also useful.

As I have previously said, I really do feel for ya Shytalkz. I hope you find 'your' way through it all bud. :confused:

"The way" atm is to keep well away - haven't seen/heard from her for about 4 weeks now, but that's my choice and at least I can get on with some form of living my own life in the interim. Keeping afloat in these times is more than enough to be going on with... :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back