5-way inspection chamber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 5-way inspection chamber where only 1 of the side inlets is used to carry the waste from the soil pipe from our en-suite. Over time, waste splashes into the unused inlets of the chamber and just remains there until I periodically open it up and wash it away with the hosepipe. Is there a way of stopping this from happening by filling the unused inlets with something?

Sponsored Links
Depending on chamber manufacturer, blanking plates for unused channels are available, but from memory, they arent cheap. For reference, the Osma channel covers are part numbers 4D948 (LH) and 4D949 (RH), for use with chamber, part number 4D922 if of any use.

Depending on depth of chamber, you may be able to fabricate something from a piece of aluminium, (I wouldn't use steel as it wont last long it that environment), and secure it to the chamber with suitable fixings.

Be aware of the potential for toxic gases in sewerage systems, (Hydrogen Sulfide in a high enough concentration can kill in seconds and will also attack steel, hence why I suggest avoiding using it.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back