50mm Shower outlet & Strap boss?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks,

I'm backed into a corner regarding the fitting of my new shower, The (above floor level) waste pipe from the bath is concealed inside the roof of my extension so therfore I'm goin to have to run a new (50mm) waste pipe down through "pantry" and connect up to the soilstack as I've got the floor up in my kitchen so have access. I know it's not great but I'm going to have to live with it.

I believe I want to be using 50mm piping but can't find a strap-on boss that takes 50mm, are they only available in 42mm? Also is the outlet from the shower tray/trap available in 50mm?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Sponsored Links
whats wrong with running it in 40mm ?
how longs the run ?
you can get 50mm strapon boss.

Thanks for the quick reply,

The run is approx 1.75 metres along the 7" deep ish joists so I don't forsee a problem with the fall then vertically app 2.5m then app. .5m to the soilstack.

Fit an AAV onto the run and do it in 40 mm.

A shower will not cause you much problem over that distance as it is slow draining.

Sponsored Links
try to use a 4"-1half tee as i find strapon boss are very weak

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back