54mm Pipes?!

RDD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Got a bit of a strange one here, I have a plastic waste pipe coming through the wall from the washer and I want to replace the 90 degree bend and lengthen the pipe that runs into the drain (it's been cut about 3" above the drain hole and also has no bracket securing it to the wall).

I thought this would be a simple job but I can't for the life of me find a straight forward plastic bend, pipe or bracket in 54mm! The size just doesn't seem to exist.

I thought it might be in inches so I converted it and it comes out at 2.13", so that's no use either.

Probably me being thick but I'm baffled :eek:

Sponsored Links
Have you tried a plumber's merchants?

I've got tonnes of the stuff in my store room.

Graham will have it on the shelf as will Drain Center.

Have you tried a plumber's merchants?

I've got tonnes of the stuff in my store room.

Graham will have it on the shelf as will Drain Center.

Only online at the moment bud, I didn't think there was much point checking without speaking to you guys first as even Googling the size doesn't bring much back.

There's certainly none showing in plastic at Plumb Center, it's all copper.

Sponsored Links
2" waste is not the normal realms of DIY. City Plumbing is not a regular DIY shop and they expect you to have an account. Although you can pay cash over the counter.

Many of these companies are not really geared for online shopping.

Plumb Center carry 2inch waste pipe as core range stock:

I expect they do but who wants to pay over £15 for a waste elbow?

City Plumbing were not bad but they moved the manager with the Japanese wife and shortly afterwards closed the branch!

I expect they do but who wants to pay over £15 for a waste elbow?
What planet are you on?

Plumb Center nationwide carry both Center brand (Marley) and polypipe in stock over the counter in 32-50mm as core range.
At retail (so that's what you'd pay Tony with no account) a 2inch bend is £5

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing/d20/Plastic+Solvent+Weld/sd2885

Thanks but nothing there that's 54mm unless I'm missing something?

Some good tips chaps but would a 2" pipe fit on 54mm, it works out a bit bigger, not much tolerance on solid plastic pipes and elbows/bends unless they've got rubber surrounds as mine has. I don't think anything 50mm would be compatible as it's nearly half a cm out :eek:

If it is a case that I can just use 2" stuff that makes it easier :D

PS - Just read something interesting on the BES site "54 mm (50 mm nominal)", so does this mean they're compatible and I should be looking for 50mm?!

Newboy's link has loads of 2" (50mm).

Solvent Weld should all be compatible (same plastic type permitting).

Push fit is different to solvent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back