Lengthen a pipe flush against the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to lengthen a 50mm PVC pipe, (by my swimming pool), in order to add a tap to it, (to divert the water flowing back to the pool).
But the problem is that the pipe is against the wall and there is only about 20mm, (if that), before the 90 degree bend, (see pict).

In black is the way it is currently, in red is the way I would like to do it and the gray is the wall and the ground.

So, my question is, how would you lengthen the pipe with such a small amount of space?

Regards,

FFMG[/code]

Sponsored Links
If its so tight (on your black line) that you can't cut and make a connection to the existing on that side of the wall, then I would make the connection on the outside (your dotted line) and fit a new piece through the wall, so that your new red pipe goes through the wall and connects to your dotted line.

If its so tight (on your black line) that you can't cut and make a connection to the existing on that side of the wall, then I would make the connection on the outside (your dotted line) and fit a new piece through the wall, so that your new red pipe goes through the wall and connects to your dotted line.

I just had a look and I don't think this will be possible.

I mean, I am sure a plumber/builder with the right tools could, but for me this is not so easy, concrete was obviously poured over the pipe and I would need to break a fair chunk of the wall to, (maybe), get to the pipe.

As I did not install it I am not sure what it looks like in the wall.

Is there no 'sleeve' I could put _inside_ the pipe rather than outside it?

FFMG

couldn't you knock abit of the wall around the pipe inwards, then cut as close as possible then fit new straight adapter add pipe, when all checked for leaks. cement up or re point.

Nath

Sponsored Links
Well, if you don't think you have the skills to do this why are you asking for DIY advice. Get a plumber in.

Well, if you don't think you have the skills to do this why are you asking for DIY advice. Get a plumber in.

Hum? Why so hostile?

There is a difference between lengthening a 50mm pipe and chiselling a hole in a, (fairly thick), wall.

I am just asking if there could be another way before I take my 10 pound hammer out.

FFMG

couldn't you knock abit of the wall around the pipe inwards, then cut as close as possible then fit new straight adapter add pipe, when all checked for leaks. cement up or re point.

Nath

Looks like what I might end up doing.
It would have been so much easier, (for me), if I could slide a pipe inside the existing one and lengthen it that way.

FFMG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back