Swimming pool waste into soil pipe.

Another couple of considerations, FWIW....

If you only plan to fully-empty the pool every 10 years or so, you may find the water pretty soupy towards the end!!! You'll be adding chemicals (especially chlorine, presumably) to keep the water clear, plus algicides, etc. If you don't change a fairly high proportion of the water pretty often, the chemical load will be nasty to swim in. I can't remember the numbers but public pools change water at the rate of x litres per swimmer visiting, all the time.

If you DO find that you need to dump several thousand liters of water per year into the main sewer, have a look at your water bill. There's a bit for water supply and a bit for drainage. The latter is calculated on the basis of charging 100 percent of the volume that comes INTO the property. If you can LEGALLY dump the pool water somewhere else and PROVE that it is NOT going to the sewer, you can get the charges reduced.

Sponsored Links
croydoncorgi said:
Another couple of considerations, FWIW....

If you only plan to fully-empty the pool every 10 years or so, you may find the water pretty soupy towards the end!!! You'll be adding chemicals (especially chlorine, presumably) to keep the water clear, plus algicides, etc. If you don't change a fairly high proportion of the water pretty often, the chemical load will be nasty to swim in. I can't remember the numbers but public pools change water at the rate of x litres per swimmer visiting, all the time.

If you DO find that you need to dump several thousand liters of water per year into the main sewer, have a look at your water bill. There's a bit for water supply and a bit for drainage. The latter is calculated on the basis of charging 100 percent of the volume that comes INTO the property. If you can LEGALLY dump the pool water somewhere else and PROVE that it is NOT going to the sewer, you can get the charges reduced.
Thanks for that, I'm assured by my pool supplier that this is the way to go re the chemical balance for a private pool. Public pools need a much higher level of disinfestations (for obvious reasons!) and require a much greater volume of fresh water turnover.

www.caromal.co.uk Is my man and his site is a good resource if you ever need info.

We've had the pool up and running for a year now (but NO HEATING!) and found the chemical balance very easy to manage. But I suppose time will tell and the fact that the water will hopefully be heated this summer could alter things.

Kev, You might think you are a 'lowly plumber' but if you are ever out on the Essex Riviera you'd be welcome to bring your Speedos. (That wasn't meant to sound quite so 'Colwyn Bay' ) -thanks for the ongoing advice!

Welski said:
croydoncorgi said:
Public pools need a much higher level of disinfestations (for obvious reasons!) and require a much greater volume of fresh water turnover.

Could have used the edit button there but for some reason it made me chuckle! Good old spell checker. :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back