5x3m block garage/shed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Going to be doing the footings for the 5x3m single block garage/shed soon. How deep will I need the footings to be? Going to be 7ft high at the front and 6ft high at the back. Single block. What's the best way to waterproof it, keep it damp free and also to soundproof it a bit?

Matt

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
By my calculations you need an approximate depth of 76.2 widths of the perpendicular sum of the height / weight variation.

Best depth - look at the ground conditions as you descend (past the grass:rolleyes:) and see what it is saying at 1m deep.

Best sound insulation - build it as solid 215mm wall or cavity wall with an insulated tiled pitched roof, and a ceiling.

Best damp proof - build it as a standard (150mm up from ffl, DPM/DPC) cavity wall or 215mm solid. Poor mans' version would be single skin with a weathering material fixed externally. Put a roof on top.

Best thing is I've just been given nearly 2000 thermalite blocks for free. Nephew is in construction and got so many left over. Only need about 450 myself so going put the rest on Freecycle

Thermalites are fine for the inner skin, you'll need something a bit stronger for the outer.

'Best thing is I've just been given nearly 2000 thermalite blocks for free. Nephew is in construction and got so many left over.' !!!:cautious:

Best thing is I've just been given nearly 2000 thermalite blocks for free. Nephew is in construction and got so many left over. Only need about 450 myself so going put the rest on Freecycle

Anywhere near Manchester???
(I'm looking for some, not missing them from my site!!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back