Which blocks for garage foundation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have laid the footings for a garage and am going to start laying blocks to come up to the floor level/damp course. Only thing is I am not sure which are the right type of blocks to be using?

As they are going to support the rest of the garage walls, should I use high strength concrete blocks such as 7.2N or will I be fine using standard 3.6N blocks? Also are all concrete blocks suitable for use below the damp course/below ground level?

My garage will have an eaves height of 2.5m and be single skin using 440x215x100 blocks.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Use 7n dense concrete blocks below ground/DPC.

Use class B engineering bricks where masonry is showing above ground and below DPC.

Sponsored Links
yep use 7n blocks below ground level then you can pick up the rest with class b or just run stright up with the block work from damp if you wanted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back