Fire Rating
Class A0
BBA Approved
Yes
Type
Lightweight Block

Data sheets

Sponsored Links
215mm blocks are awful to handle, horrible to work with, hideous to cut, slow to lay and crap to fix to (hollows). I'd run a mile form any job requiring them, even if I was starving. It's great that you think they are better though. (y)
It’s only 1 m high and 1.44 wide wall…. Around 10 or so blocks. Can’t be that difficult, it’s up to my waist….

You’re building a 1m high garage? I built a full height one the same way everyone else does, 2 leaves next to each other tied together. Seems to still be standing…

Sponsored Links
215mm blocks are awful to handle, horrible to work with, hideous to cut, slow to lay and crap to fix to (hollows). I'd run a mile form any job requiring them, even if I was starving. It's great that you think they are better though. (y)
Even the 100mm Hi7s are chuffing heavy, about 18kg from memory.

I can’t imagine moving 215mm blocks

You’re building a 1m high garage? I built a full height one the same way everyone else does, 2 leaves next to each other tied together. Seems to still be standing…
No. There will be a window and a door. Only block work is below the window. Literally 11 blocks…. My dumbbells are 25kg per arm. So I will be fine .

The red is the area where this small wall will be.

IMG_8583.jpeg

I think Windy means lay 100mm block flat, saves on ties, and you need 30 100mm blocks at least.
Finally someone understands. Same blocks, just lying down instead of standing on edge.

Obviously 1m high as that's the window sill height. Seems a few on here can't understand basic obvious concepts.

You could do that with 100mm blocks, 50 x 25 battens outside with rendaboard then render. Internally insulation as required

That would leave an awkward kink at the edges, as it has 9" pillars either side of the existing opening. Could be filled in with timber framing I suppose, would need more support under the window sill.

Also, as pointed out above, it would take a lot of stress from a slamming door. Best to make it pretty chunky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back