6 core AMD processors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/249987

This seems to get a good write-up and is praised as excellent value compared to Intel chips at that price point.

Has anybody any experience of these?

The only AMD machine I've ever had was rubbish, but I think that was down to the fact it was running Win Me... :cry:

Sponsored Links
I've built AMD systems for myself in the past and thought they were great at the time, but recently bought a quad core Intel and would never go back.

In the past AMD used to be a lot cheaper and similar if not slightly better performance, like for like. But they used to run hotter and I'd always get slight issues in windows, but again that was with XP.

Think its a personal choice - As I say I used to praise AMD but have defected now.

You pay your money you takes your choice.

Sponsored Links
Personally i will always use intel processors.

How very restrictive an attitude. Must I mention FDIV?

The only issue i see with this processor, is that that you make sure and double sure your motherboard is compatable. Building 2 of these for customers and had issues with the bios not recognising the processor.

Indeed, AMD boards are very picky about BIOS support. It's useful to have some early AM2 or AM2+ CPUs around to ensure you can perform a flash reliably.

also its cheaper here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Phenom-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307306719&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Hm, save £2.85 and get it sent by cheapest Royal Fail instead of via an insured courier..

constructive ones yes.

What's not constructive about questioning a fanboy attitude?

As for the shipping, if you're happy to have £155 of stuff sent via Royal Fail instead of £158 sent by a courier, fine. I just felt I should mention it.

Phenom CPUs are excellent. Why do you need six cores?

I don't necessarily. Just looking into chips and noticed it looked good value for the performance as compared to Intel's offerings.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links