6 inch extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a job that needs a preferably 6 inch bathroom fan.

Can anyone recommend a good make?
i've used Manrose in the past and thought they were noisy crap.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why 6 inch? isn't extraction rate etc. more important than the size, or is it to cover a gaping hole?

I'm a fan of the silavent Mayfair Classic, not cheap - usually in excess of £100 for a timer model but built to last and quiet as they come (given the pressure they develop) Not sure if it would be suitable for venting straight through the wall though (better suited to ducting) and requires building-in (or boxing out).

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...a=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbs=isch:1

i would use a 4 inch in a bathroom and a 6 inch in a kitchen ect a silavent like skent said sounds good to me.

Its to replace one thats about 10inches across, so Im planning to cover the hole with marine ply and cut a hole in this board for a new extractor.

Yes I could fit a 4inch but I don't want the custard to be disappointed with the extraction :!:

Sponsored Links
IIRC them Silavent's are 200mm across which won't quite make yr 10"

As a general guide the more you pay, the better the fan, you want to be paying £50+ for a decent one i reckon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back