6 minutes wait for broadband

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since a few weeks, my broadband (on router) takes around 6 - 7 minutes to connect. Strange thing is, the connection is on (skype indicates "I'm onlline"), but connecting to email server and the web takes that long. Then it just kicks in and works perfectly all day.

Anyone any ideas what might be causing this?

Sponsored Links
How are you connected to the router?

Could try removing temp internet files then shut down the router and the computer. Leave them off for a minute then reboot both. See if that alters it.

dave

Your broadband router should be 'always on' so it's unlikey to be a problem with your router.

Worth checking tho.

If Skype is online, I would suggest basic housekeeping in the first instance, as previously mentioned. Delete temp files from Windows and the local profile and also your Browser cache. A quick fragmentation check might be worth a look too, depending on your O/S.

Post again if no improvement.

Sponsored Links
Not on laptop, not on wireless.

Housekeeping being done every week, no change. Rebooted router various times, no change.

Fragmentation might be an idea.

Thing is, just before it does kick in, Windows pop-ups a message stating my Firewall is down - Bullguard is always on though.

Bulguard on auto start is the culprit.
Disabled auto start, email and browser connected straight away.

Protects pc very well, so quite happy with it (plus on a 2 year contract ;))

Any ideas how I can still get bullguard to start automagically without interfering the first 6 minutes with the connection? ;)

Get something else, avg free is fine for normal use.

It's not normally the anti virus itself but a fault with the software/install.

You could try a uninstall, reinstall.

Sponsored Links
Back