Virgin media broadband

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had an email 3 weeks ago saying contract is ending soon and my new bill will be taken up to £61 , that's just for broadband 250mb which is a complete rip off. Rung up to cancel my contract was a nightmare constantly on hold and being fobbed off from a guy I assume in India. The day after I spoke to a Scottish woman which had it all cancelled within 10 minutes . Last week I had a phonecall from a mobile number it was a guy from virgin stating as I'm a loyal customer blah blah , I can now have 1gb broadband with a 02 sim only with some data all for £32 a month, with the newest router being sent out . Which from what I can see is one of the best deals around .

If any one else's contract is up I would suggest you cancel it and wait for them to call

Sponsored Links
Funnily enough I cancelled my BT broadband yesterday and went with virgin. £25 a month with a £90 card too.

BT was about £60 in the end. Straight forward to cancel with an English call centre

Funnily enough I cancelled my BT broadband yesterday and went with virgin. £25 a month with a £90 card too.

BT was about £60 in the end. Straight forward to cancel with an English call centre
Atleast yours was straight forward to cancel lol . Yeah I seen they afe doing gift vouchers but for new customers only :rolleyes:

Just renewed with VM - they wanted £76

We agreed on £53

This is for 300 meg and landline

We were paying £40

Could have saved money going back to BT but with 2 young adults in the house that wouldn’t have gone down well as BT is about 22 meg max here

Sponsored Links
250mb?

Where do you live, 2002?

I don't understand your post though. Surely, no one pays £61 pm just for home broadband? Our basic Virgin Media monthly charge is roughly that much for TV/landline phone/broadband.

And when you say "some data" does that mean that O2 will limit your data?

I pay about the same price as you for unlimited 5G access on my phone, that includes calls and text messages. Ok, I don't need unlimited internet access, but I am happy to pay a premium, just in case. I spent two weeks in hospital in 2021, when awake, I was glad that I had unlimited 5G access. At 2am, in pain, I was able to watch Family Guy.

250mb?

Where do you live, 2002?

I don't understand your post though. Surely, no one pays £61 pm just for home broadband? Our basic Virgin Media monthly charge is roughly that much for TV/landline phone/broadband.

I pay about the same price as you for unlimited 5G access on my phone, that includes calls and text messages. Ok, I don't need unlimited internet access, but I am happy to pay a premium, just in case. I spent two weeks in hospital in 2021, when awake, I was glad that I had unlimited 5G access. At 2am, in pain, I was able to watch Family Guy.
Pretty sure it was 250mb yes . To be honest I'm not interested in the sim as I already have a sim deal sorted , but I had to get it as part of the broadband deal . The sim comes with 6gb of data and unlimited texts but won't be taken out of the packet I doubt .. maybe you should read it again if you don't understand it ... I said the price was going UP to £61

Just renewed with VM - they wanted £76

We agreed on £53

This is for 300 meg and landline

We were paying £40

Could have saved money going back to BT but with 2 young adults in the house that wouldn’t have gone down well as BT is about 22 meg max here
£53 is still alot in comparison to othwrs if that's just for broadband and a line . Or do you have TV included ?

250mb?

Where do you live, 2002?

£65

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230923_132014_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230923_132014_Gmail.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 31
£53 is still alot in comparison to othwrs if that's just for broadband and a line . Or do you have TV included ?

Yes it covers the basic tv package BUT we don’t use it.

We’re happy with the package - that’s all that counts AND remember most of the low cost alternatives use the BT copper network

Yes it covers the basic tv package BUT we don’t use it.

We’re happy with the package - that’s all that counts AND remember most of the low cost alternatives use the BT copper network
Depends where you live , a mate of mine has got starlink as no other provider could get him the speeds he wanted that thing is about £90 odd

Depends where you live , a mate of mine has got starlink as no other provider could get him the speeds he wanted that thing is about £90 odd

The pub that I am currently sitting in has a Starlink square aerial (near Ealing Broadway station in west London). The landlord became frustrated with the copper cable based internet access. AFAIK Starlink is domestic only but the site engineer was happy to install it. The only downside is that I cannot access bonafide sites such as the Way Back Machine, and if I try to access the Festool site, I get a 403 error.

Sponsored Links
Back