Broad Band Blues

As I said yesterday who can function in this world without their mobile.
So now we've been sucked in to a point of no return we've all become low hanging fruit.
Thing is, you could apply the same logic to many areas. e.g. many people rely on public transport, personal vehicles, utilities and in the spirit of this thread, technology. Suppliers of goods/services relating to these and government (when it comes to taxes) are well aware many of us rely on one or more of these on a day to day basis. I suppose you could take the view 'sucked in to a point of no return' or you could say it's progress. When I say progress I'm not referring to higher prices (before anyone starts!) I'm referring to the invention of new stuff including tech.

Sponsored Links
You surprise me a bit, I thought you'd have more understanding of a two tier society that's being created.

Yes there is. And it all depends which world you live in: the one where you can buy stuff without looking at the price and the one the rest of us live in, watching every pound going out.

Nonsense.
If you're "watching every pound go out" and you're still not reviewing your £75 broadband, you've not got the hang of financial probity.

Nonsense.
If you're "watching every pound go out" and you're still not reviewing your £75 broadband, you've not got the hang of financial probity.
I keep an eye on 'em and wouldn't pay £75 at any cost.
Some people are already cancelling subscription services like Netflix so a 15% rise in Broadband costs will certainly push them to finding new providers - who'll increase their prices accordingly.

Sponsored Links
You surprise me a bit, I thought you'd have more understanding of a two tier society that's being created.
tbh I try not to allocate too much brain space to things like that. Whether or not there are or aren't secret (or perhaps not so secret) strategies to mould society in whatever way, what impact can one individual have on that. Yeah yeah, if we all band together and create an uprising. No thanks, what would follow? At some point, the same sh1t. If I'm lucky I have ~30 years left on this wonderful planet, I'll leave them to it ;)

tbh I try not to allocate too much brain space to things like that. Whether or not there are or aren't secret (or perhaps not so secret) strategies to mould society in whatever way, what impact can one individual have on that. Yeah yeah, if we all band together and create an uprising. No thanks, what would follow? At some point, the same sh1t. If I'm lucky I have ~30 years left on this wonderful planet, I'll leave them to it ;)
There's already a multi-level system in place with Broadband, according to how much you pay (can afford) depends on the speed of your service - and if you want to stream movies, then you'll need a Superfast connection at least.

Last time my contract came to an end and they put the price up, i contact them and they offered to add more services to bring the price down which was very strange. Adding sky cinema brought the package price down from £87 to £75 which is what it had been before the price increase.
It's far cheaper for them to add services to your package than to reduced your DD.

my first ever mobile phone 10 years ago with talk talk it was a 2 year contract was £5 for six months and £10 for the second 18 months this including a Samsung galaxy phone so 18x£10 +5x6=£220
now as i have never had a mobile before decided to upgrade to £7.50 for double everything
after 3 months i found i was using perhaps 1- 7% off my allocation so asked iff i could return to the original £5 for the rest off the year they said this was not possible but agreed to give me a discount to bring it back to £5 now they made a mistake and instead off a 33% reduction they gave me a 67% reduction so back to £2.48 ish this stayed to the end off the contract
over the convening years the contract has changed about 5 times with small changes each time sometimes with a end off contract default roughly doubling but most often fully brought back or one month double with negotiation some contracts where small increases to £2.64 then £ 2.88 but now has been £3 so average less than £3 over the last 10 years
the point i am trying to make is the base line is what you negotiate so iff the starting point is £3 then thats what they see on there screen so the percentage increase will be based on that and not a contract name
indeed my present contract says something like it ends in oct 2019 or a similar random date

ahh ok my plan will end in 2017 lol
Plan:

Essential SIM

• 200 minutes
  • Unlimited texts
  • 250MB data
Monthly cost:

£5.00 £3.00
Essential SIM offer

Contract ends:

20 Oct 2017 SIM offers

SIM type: