Money Saving Tips

Sponsored Links
When you take your suit to the cleaners........stuff the pockets with underpants and socks getting them all washed for free

When you take your suit to the cleaners........stuff the pockets with underpants and socks getting them all washed for free

Times may be tough but I hope he changes his socks and undies more often than that! :eek:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
We’ve cut our water bills massively by stopping flushing all the time.
It’s a third of our friends with the same type of house down the street, and ours should be more as we’ve 2 babies.

Rainwater harvesting systems should be required for all new houses, but it just wouldn’t be cost effective for me to install one.

We flush for number 2s and once before bed or going out for the day.
A lot of people’s sensibilities make them dislike the idea.

Would you go to the shop and buy 5 2-litre bottles of Evian and pour them down the toilet after every pee?

It’s a third of our friends with the same type of house down the street, and ours should be more as we’ve 2 babies.

Rainwater harvesting systems should be required for all new houses, but it just wouldn’t be cost effective for me to install one.

Would you go to the shop and buy 5 2-litre bottles of Evian and pour them down the toilet after every pee?

theres sumthing a bit wrong with that...

first thing to teach kids is pull the plug and wash their hands...

maybe you could just p1ss in the sink...

and throw your dishes in aswell......save a fortune

you could probably have a runny dump in there aswell

just mash it down the plug hole with a fork.....

Make some hippos

Take several small pop bottles (500ml are ideal) Cut the bottles just below where the neck begins to taper in. Now go to your bog cistern. take top off. Place bottles in water so they fill. xperiment with how many you need to get rid of solid with minimum water.

You are saving water and preventing more plastics getting into the enviroment and ending up in the oceans

Make some hippos..
Take several small pop bottles (500ml are ideal) Cut the bottles just below where the neck begins to taper in. Now go to your bog cistern. take top off. Place bottles in water so they fill. xperiment with how many you need to get rid of solid with minimum water.

You are saving water and preventing more plastics getting into the enviroment and ending up in the oceans

And slowly choking your own drain, in the process.

Dave: thanks for the shower tip: I've asked for one.

I've been spending lots of time on-line recently looking at Martin Lewis's site & all the utility, landline & mobile deals out there and I'm afraid it's turned my head into mush...

There's so many different deals out there!

As for mobile, I'm currently PAYG with Virgin. I pay the standard tariff for PAYG, so 15p first 5mins then 5p/min to LL and Virgin Mobs. Other Mobs 40p Yikes! Then 12p for txt to other Mobs & 3p to another Virgin Mobs.

I have just been onto Virgin talking about an alternative tariff: the best she can offer is a new handset (not bothered about) and 100 mins/100 txts for 8.50 a month. This is a good deal, but I won't use 100 mins a month and certainly not the texts. Plus, I don't need a new handset.
They also offer 200mins & 200 texts a month for 10 quid, no handset included, if anybody's interested.

Asda have the best flat rate for PAYG: 8p/min to any LL or Mobile and 4p for texts. I'm tempted, unless anyone knows a better deal. As I say, I don't use my mobile a lot and rarely text, so these monthly deals are wasted on me.

I think I also need to fit a roomstat to the heating system: some kind soul on another thread said without it, a system is chucking notes down the pan every year...

Sponsored Links
Back