63A 30ma rcd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What would cause my 63A 30ma rcd to trip during the night.
I have a volex 12 way split load cu which has been installed for about 4/5 years with no problems.

Sponsored Links
Assuming the RCD isn't faulty, then basically you have leakage to earth somewhere. The normal culprits are 'wet' appliances (e.g. washing machine, dishwasher etc), another common one is outside lights (e.g. security floodlights), the seals perish over time, and then water gets in - if you have any, take a look and see what the seals are like, and if there's any water inside.

Have you bought any new electrical equipment recently, as if so it might be something to suspect, also, is anything set to come on on a timer overnight, as that would be an obvious thing to check...

Thanks for the suggestions pretty much my first thoughts but i cant find any evidence of either. switched back on and everything has been fine allday.

Sponsored Links
hi what is left on at night fridge freezer.
do you have any sockets on the nonprotected side
( if you have one ) run an extension lead for the fridge freezer.
what else is on at night?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back