63Amp single phase distro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya.

I just wanna check a few details before i go and construct it all.
I want to make a distro board. The input would be 63amp the outputs would be 1 x 32amp socket and 2 x 16 amp socket.
I have a 63amp RCD, a 32amp MCB and 2 x 16amp MCB.
What i am unsure about is cable size. I was planning on useing 2.0mm for the 2 x 16amp and 4mm for the 32amp socket and 10mm for the 63amp input. Does anyone have a comments on this and is this the correct cable size?

Cheers
Stuart

Sponsored Links
yes, you need to check up more as to what you are doing, sorry.

I would also suggest you get an electrician in, if not to to do the job to act as consultant as you have made a few errors which show you do not know what you are doing, although it is very wise of you top ask first

whats this board for?

and what form will the 63A input take?

are you talking a 63A cee inlet socket?
if so are you essentially planning to mount a CU on a board with the inlet and the sockets

in that case i would say use 16mm for the inlet wiring 2.5mm for the 16A sockets and 6mm for the 32A outlet

maybe a bit bigger than technically needed but its only short runs anyway so the cable isn't going to cost much

Sponsored Links
Cheers all.
For you information Breezer i have been talking to the sparky that works here with me. and he is going to fully check it for me once it has been made but he has told me that i have to make it with no help from him!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back