63mm MDPE to manifold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What size copper should I use to make a manifold to feed six (small) flats off a 63mm MDPE?

The meters are together in one communal cupboard.

Can I reduce it down from 63mm?

Sponsored Links
Is this for mains water?

Usually the water co would want to meter each flat independently and install the meters ( at a cost ).

Scruff will reply on pipe sizes after you reply.

Tony

For starters thescruff would reduce the MDPE to 50mm, then he would make a 54mm header and take 22mm to each flat.

Mains services above 50mm has to be chlorinated, and you could feed an estate of 63mm.

Don't forget you need a stopcock and double check valve on each service.

as there header fed the installer can supply the meters, in that instance i would be looking to install remote reading meters located in one area(easily available from all merchants)

Dont forget each feed also needs a DOC.

Sponsored Links
Agile: Yes, mains water.

doitall: sorry, what's the 54mm header?

Icgs: What's DOC & Remote reading meters?

The meters are all going together in one cupboard in the entrance hall, with a 22mm to each unit, with stopcock & double check-valve on each one.
Also a main stopcock on the (as doitall suggests) 50mm copper.

Seems the simplest solution to me.

Bring the 50mm MDPE into the building, and fit the stopcock. If you them make up a horizontal header in 54mm copper, you can tee the 6 supplies off with stopcock, meter, checkvalve, draincock all in a line.

As I said you don't need 63mdpe, as well as having to chlorinate the system, it virtually doubles the cost.

Your comment on not needing the 63mm mdpe is interesting doitall.

Unfortunately UU insist that that's what I get.

Your comment on not needing the 63mm mdpe is interesting doitall.

Unfortunately UU insist that that's what I get.

UU as in United Utilities, Whats it to do with them.

What is the expected pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back