7/8 (approx 30 mm) connector on a 3/4 outside water tap

Sponsored Links
Hi Fine Tune, 3/4" ones are easy to find, the tap we have is a 3/4" 'Farmers tap', 3/4" inlet thread, outlet is 7/8"
I think the reason why not many are available is it's a big bore tap with a small standard garden hose adaptor.
I found a lot of forum discussion looking for this size and many of the reviews said 'looked everywhere for one of these'.
I've only found them for sale in two places, that was after an hour of surfing!
Thought I'd post a thread so folk like my don't have to surf for an hour...

Sponsored Links
It has the large bore 3/4 hose barb on it. It was fitted by a contractor taking the supply 100m to a new location where it will be used for normal DIY tasks. They wanted to give high flow, they did that will feed pipe size which is great. Now we have the £11 option to get us in business with hose fittings, though today we are going to the supplier to see if they will swap the tap out FOC for a conventionally ended one. I started the thread just so it'll pop up when someone ends up stuck like we were.
Clive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back