87 degree bend on main sewer pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any regulation,or practical reason I couldn't use an 87.5 degree swept tee for connecting a downstairs wc in to my existing drain,instead of 45 degree tees.

I am connect new wc and rainwater gully, it is end of line,therefore will use a universal adaptor on clay,then tee for wc (and stack) then tee for rain water,then 45 bend to rodding eye. there is a manhole 4 meters away further towards the main sewer.It would be easier if I can use 87.5 swept tee rather that 45 oblique tee,is there any issues with this?

It's my first post so be gentle,and thanx to all that contribute to this excellent forum

Sponsored Links
Cheers for taking the time to reply and confirming my question denso :)

Fine as long as you can access the run for rodding/jetting purposes. 99% of the time neither rods nor jetting hose will go round a bend (unless you dont want them to!) if the path straight ahead is clear.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the reply Hugh,much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back