8cm spacers for wall bracket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 5 wall brackets for 5 posts - see the attached image of the bracket. The 5 posts are secured to the decking's aluminium subframe and the balustrades will be attached to those.

The bracket's plate is about 8cm away from the brick wall it needs to be attached to. I could just use a block of timber as a spacer, but I was wondering what other maintenance free alternatives might exist. The brackets will hold the decking in place in a high spot, I don't want the wood to rot over time and be a risk in high winds.

Attachments

• IMG_4695.jpg
    IMG_4695.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links
If you mean 8mm then what about aluminium plate.

If it's 80mm, then I would suggest a box section (aluminium or steel) to replace wood... or what about some square tubing cut into 80mm lengths and use long screw/bolts to reach the brickwork. You can paint it all anthracite to match.

If you mean 8mm then what about aluminium plate.

If it's 80mm, then I would suggest a box section (aluminium or steel) to replace wood... or what about some square tubing cut into 80mm lengths and use long screw/bolts to reach the brickwork. You can paint it all anthracite to match.
No it is 8cm, 80mm. The copings are in the way.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back